Awakening Yoga 200 Hour Teacher Training
In-Person Course offered June 20-26, 2022 - enrollment now open!
This 200 hour Foundational program focuses on the Vinyasa pillar of the Awakening Yoga system and is comprised of theoretical, practical, and exploratory modules.
Immerse yourself in the principles of the Awakening Yoga System. Learn how to teach Vinyasa yoga and grow your personal practice with the support of an established method and global community.
- 140 hour Digital Course
- 60 Hour In-Person Course
- Printable Training Manual
- Study Guide & e-Workbook
- Mentorship Opportunities
- Personal Teaching Feedback
- Open Q&A with AYA Faculty
- 6 Months access to Commune Yoga
- Dedicated Student Discussion Community
- Private AYA Alumni Group upon completion
- First access to in-person events
- RYT 200 upon approved completion
Theory / discover the why behind the practice
Expand your depth of knowledge and experience with this powerful practice. Gain perspective on where, when, and how Yoga originated, evolved, and grew. Explore the multifaceted concepts and philosophies that make up the deepest layers of this practice.
What We'll Work on:
- Introduction to Philosophy & History of Yoga
- Dive into the foundational pillars of yogic philosophy, including its vast origins, source texts, and practices
- Introduction to the subtle body
- Integrate the knowledge of the subtle body systems such as the Prana and Vayus into your practice and teaching
- Foundational Pranayama
- Learn foundational Pranayama techniques for your home practice and teaching techniques for public class
Practical / explore the how of daily ritual
Much of this learning occurs on the mat. Sitting with the daily ritual in patience and with an open mind.
What We'll Work on:
- Postural Asana breakdown
- Explore structural breakdown of classic and adapted yoga poses, cueing approaches, and how to apply modern biomechanics to the physical yoga practice
- Anatomy & Movement Science
- Dive into the foundations of anatomy and biomechanics to develop a keen eye for physical patterning
- Modifications & Adaptations
- Explore your own unique practice and perspective in order to better assess and help your students.
- Master the AY Full Solar Practice & The Set
- Learn the Awakening Yoga Full Practice Vinyasa sequence, The Set, and all integrated sequence series.
- Introduction to Creative Sequencing
- Learn how to use the Awakening Yoga system to craft intelligent, purposeful, and creative sequencing for in-person and online classes
Personal / evoke your inner teacher
Let your inner teacher rise to the surface. Even if you do not have a clear intention to offer yoga publicly these practical teaching lessons serve to bolster a valuable academic approach to the practice.
What We'll Work on:
- How to lead public class
- Find your own voice as a teacher through practical teachings exercises and group activities to ensure you graduate with confidence & comfort as a new teacher
- Introduction to teaching adjustments
- Learn effective & intuitive ways to observe the unique bodies of students to determine the best approach to aiding students via verbal cueing, directional one-on-one help, and individually appropriate hands-on-adjustments
- How to start your teaching career
- Learn how to find your first teaching job, create your niche, develop your own yoga teaching business, and thrive in many different teaching settings such as online or in person.
Join us in Seattle at Commune Yoga
Our in-person module will be high practical, diving into the practice in a group setting, practice teaching, and learning from our peers.
Sample Daily Schedule:
9:00am - 10:30am: Daily Sadhana (Asana & Pranayama)
10:30am - 10:45am: Practice Reflection
10:45am - 11:00am: Coffee Break
11:00am - 12:00pm: Sequencing Breakdown
12:00pm - 1:00pm: Asana Clinic / Teaching Practice
1:00pm - 1:30pm Break
1:30pm - 3:00pm: Lecture Review / Group Exercises
It was a pleasure to learn from them in the online version of the Awakening Yoga Foundations TT! I'm very fond of their teaching methods, but in addition to this, they're wonderful humans. I can not only see their warm and calming presence on the video but also feel positive, good energy through the mic every time I listened and practiced with them.
It's wonderful that they take every student on the discovery of their own body, soul, and mind, acknowledging that curiosity is the most important tool on the way and that it’s the journey that counts.
TT is structured in the best possible way and asana labs were so well elaborated, that the understanding of the complexity of the whole movement of what we are doing in yoga is easier to digest. Forever thankful for the creation of all the Series of the Awakening yoga.