Move it or lose it.
This course is designed to give students, teachers, and enthusiastic learners a deep understanding of movement potential and mechanics.
Breaking down key concepts in biomechanics, mobility techniques, and how they might apply to the asana practice makes this a unique exploration. Through the lens of evidence-based practice, we examine the tools and techniques necessary to better assess and program for our own progress and our students.
This is a self-paced course with six months of open access. It is designed to be fully on-demand and completed at your own pace.
Students are responsible for acquiring this required reading resource. It is not included in the course tuition but will be referenced and assigned reading.
- Yoga Biomechanics; Stretching Redefined by Jules Mitchell
This course will cover:
- What Mobility is (and what it isn't!)
- Key concepts in Biomechanics, Stretch Physiology, and Tissue Adaptation
- Relevant research breakdowns to provide confident discernment in the vast (and sometimes confusing!) world of movement science
- Explore, Why, How, and When we can apply this knowledge to an Asana practice
- Tutorial breakdown videos of principle positions, daily skills, and mobility exercises
- Practical routines, joint & range of motion specific programming to use as a student or teacher
"This has been a great course, practical and theoretical, engaging, challenging. The small bite size lessons have made it easy to digest and work at your own pace. I have gained a greater understanding of body and movement mechanics which will help me in my own practice and in teaching."